Book of Yog-Sothoth
Title: The Book of Yog-Sothoth
- author: ?
- Language: Latin
- Number of known copies (if rare): ?
- Last known location of surviving copies (if rare): The Orne Library at Miskatonic University
Physical Description: ?
- Spells, suggested: Contact/Summon/Dismiss Yog-Sothoth, Contact/Summon/Bind Byakhee, Gate, etc.
- Sanity Loss: ?
- Mythos Knowledge: ?
- film: Stranger Aeons (2005 film)
- "The Torturers of Zykakis", described as a book of ritualistic verse. [J.R.Fultz/J.Burns]
Associated Mythos Elements
- entity: Yog-Sothoth
Trivia, Heresies and Controversies
- Also exists in "real life" as a limited-edition art book by John Coughlin, Liber Yog-Sothoth ("The Book of Yog-Sothoth"), The High Priest edition, Cold Springs, NY: Waning Moon Publications, 2007
- The film Stranger Aeons (2005 film) seems to suggest that this is a major tome in the possession of or accessible by first Ephraim Waite and then his daughter, Asenath Waite, useful for disrupting attempts to open the way for Yog-Sothoth but apparently not quite as dangerous as the Necronomicon (which should be avoided for this purpose). It evidently made its way into the forbidden books collection at the Orne Library.