Camp Sunny (scenario)
Title: Cult of Chaos - "Camp Sunny" (2017)
Editor(s): Mike Mason
Layout: Nicholas Nacario
Appears in: link
The premise of this modern-day scenario is simple: a group of college students choose to take a break at a vacation camp during the off-season. Unfortunately, the owners of the resort are not regular folk: this may be their last season on dry land, and perhaps the final vacation the player characters will ever experience!
Link to outside reviews or helpful pages.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
The premise of this modern-day scenario is simple: a group of college students choose to take a break at a vacation camp during the off-season. Unfortunately, the owners of the resort are not regular folk: this may be their last season on dry land, and perhaps the final vacation the player characters will ever experience! The failing resort owners are Deep One hybrids, approaching the age when they return to the sea, leaving a trail of bodies behind them, and the investigators have picked just the wrong time for their vacation....
- Map of Camp Sunny
- Bullet-points on Journal Contents
- Pre-gen Investigators (plus backstories and role-playing guides)
- Phil Paynter
- Reidel Gray
- Nate Upton
- Charlie Harrigan
- Jo-jo Johnson
- Ally Bechel
- Camp Sunny, USA (midwest near the great lakes, but could easily be relocated)
- Back Office
- Club Room
- Swimming Pool
- Trailer Homes
- Deep One Hybrids
- Billy the Pet Shoggoth
- Sheriff M. Smithee
- South Lakes Tribune reporter/editor Peter Reynolds
Tomes and Artifacts:
- Protective Ring (at least, it protects the hand that wears it....
- Private Investigator's Journal
- Newspaper Clippings
List dedication, trivia, images, anything else of note.
- Camp Sunny was conceived while at a roleplaying games convention in Southwest England. The venue for the convention was a traditional British seaside holiday camp, isolated in the middle of nowhere. Summer was long past and business at the site was quiet; reduced to a selection of rag-tag gamers mooching through the damp, gray paths between holiday apartments. The scenario has been moved from an English seaside resort to the United States and relocated to a campsite near the Great Lakes. The location isn't particularly important, so situate the scenario wherever you, the Keeper, are most comfortable.
- By default, the setting is modern US near the Great Lakes (Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York, Wisconsin, Minnesota). The investigator can relocate the scenario to anywhere convenient, tips are included for relocation to the UK. Canada's Ontario borders the lakes to the North.
- No handouts are provided for the Private Investigator's journal or the newspaper clippings - a bullet point of details summarize the journal, and a short paragraph of description of the newspaper clippings is included; this will be probably be OK for most general purposes, but some keepers may wish to make up their own handounts for these items in advance, detailing the detective's suspicions in the journal on one hand, and the implications that the South Lakes Tribune editor Peter Reynolds is working with the Sheriff and the camp management to cover up trouble and promote the camp on the other.