Cthulhu (2000 film)
Loosely based on "The Thing on the Doorstep (fiction)", mixed with elements of "The Dunwich Horror (fiction)" and "The Call of Cthulhu (fiction)". Dan Upton is concerned about the influence of a young woman upon his friend Edward Derby. While a series of dismemberment killings in Arkham seems to be linked to a Cthulhu cult in nearby Innsmouth and Dunwich.
- Release Date: 2000
- Country/Language: Australia, English
- Genres/Technical: Horror
- Runtime: 1 hr 15 min
- Starring: Marcel Miller, Paul Douglas, Melissa Georgiou
- Director: Damian Heffernan
- Writer: Damian Heffernan, H.P. Lovecraft ("ideas")
- Producer/Production Co: Onara Films
- View Trailer: (link)
- IMDB: (link)
- Rated: (none) (perhaps "PG" for mild violence and adult content?)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- SSS__ (Three Tentacles: Lovecraftian)
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- BrainEater dot-com (link) - "...Our film-makers decided to get ambitious. And in doing so, they forgot what made the original story so interesting; they lost focus, and botched what should have been the most effective parts of the movie...."
Dan Upton is concerned about the influence of a young woman upon his friend Edward Derby. While a series of dismemberment killings in Arkham seems to be linked to a Cthulhu cult in nearby Innsmouth and Dunwich.