In the Mythos
Monstrosity from the double-star Xoth who is referred to in the Ponape Scripture as Cthulhu's mate. The Great Old Ones Zoth-Ommog, Ghatanothoa, and Ythogtha came from the mating of Idh-yaa and Cthulhu. The ancient texts do not tell whether Idh-yaa came to Earth with her "husband".
— Daniel Harms, Encyclopedia Cthulhiana
Described as an enormous, pulsating world-maggot hibernating beneath the crust of Xoth, awaiting the return of Cthulhu to make the sign which will awaken her from slumber and resume production of the offspring which will infest and conquer the universe.
Heresies and Controversies
Description of Cult:
Associated Mythos Elements
- cult: worshiped mainly by Xothan aliens
- tome: The Ponape Scripture
- race: may be worshiped on earth by Deep Ones, Ubb and the Yuggs
- planets: located on Xoth, home planet, which is clustered with Abbith, Ymar, and Zaoth
- deities: Claimed in Lin Carter's Xothic Cycle to be the "wife" of Cthulhu, mother of Zoth-Ommog, Ythogtha, Ghatanothoa, and Cthylla