Smuggler's Run (Scenario)
Author(s): Andrew J. Lucas
Artist(s): Mike Crippin
Appears in: Adventures Unlimited, #2.
The Investigators have been summoned to Chicago by a US Treasury Department agent they know. They've just found their partner dead, an apparent suicide, but something is not quite right.
Link to outside reviews or helpful pages.
- [Link 1]
- [Link 2]
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Describe the adventure in detail; no bias allowed.
Player Handouts: N/A
Locations: House of Charles Davis, Chicago Reading Room (Speakeasy), Ritz-Carlton Hotel (Fictional)
Creatures: See Keeper Comments.
Tomes and Artifacts: TBD
Campaigns / Scenarios: N/A
- The scenario was written for the Whispering Vault RPG system with conversion notes for Call of Cthulhu.
- The author has made the scenario available via Paizo.
Comments to Keepers about this scenario; Possibly how to run it successfully.
- The author points out at the start the scenario is quite linear with clues found in each location pointing directly to the next.
- The conversion notes cover how to modify the scenarios opening which in the original involves the use of game specific powers to gain information. The other advice includes what CoC creatures should be substituted for the game specific entities and how to simulate the effects of the gin sold by the villain in CoC terms. Lacking are any details on SAN rewards/penalties beyond one specific penalty. Also lacking is advice on how to modify Whispering Vault specific events in the scenario beyond the scenario opening.
- While the author only provides one specific hook in the scenario, another hook can be extracted from the scenario, one of the villains henchmen is sending those unfortunates who survive the villains personal attentions to various charity hospices and orphanages around Chicago. By making one of these unfortunates someone connected to the Investigators a Keeper could expand on the investigative aspects of the scenario.