Tails of Valor
Publisher: Golden Goblin Press
Product Code: GGP1911
Publishing Year: 2019
Cover Price: $35.00 (Softcover), $15.00 (PDF)
Format: Softcover & PDF
Additional: Introduction, Player Handouts
Front Cover Text
Three adventures for Cathulhu set in Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome, & Dark Ages France
Back Cover Text
From The Cats of Ulthar to those owned by Delapore in The Rats in the Walls, cats have held a special place of honor in the heart of H.P. Lovecraft. They are deeply embedded into the lore of the Cthulhu Mythos. We hope you’ll join us on our journey into the world of Cathulhu, cats battling Mythos horrors. Cathulhu—Velvet Paws on Cthulhu’s Trail is a horror role playing game by Sixtystone Press, an offshoot of the Call of Cthulhu RPG where the players portray cats investigating the Cthulhu Mythos.
Tails of Valor is the first collection of scenarios produced for Cathulhu using the 7th edition rule system, a compilation of three adventures set in ancient times by Ennie Award winning authors. They are:
- Triumphus Felis Ferae (set in 41 C.E. Rome) by Jeffrey Moeller
First the vermin became scarce, and then kittens and cats began wandering off, never to be seen again. Later, people began acting strangely, disobeying the Praetorian Guards and attempting to enter the Imperial Palace. Then the Emperor Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus (known to later history as Caligula) himself vanishes, leaving the city teetering on the edge of utter chaos. Can a band of brave and proud Roman street cats solve this mystery, and restore order to the Empire? Triumphus Felis Ferae is Latin for “the triumph (all march) of the wild cat” or more simply, Stray Cat Strut.
- Shadow Harvest (set in 5th Dynasty Egypt) by Stuart Boon
As harvest approaches, strange things are happening in the Temple of Bast outside of the city of Bubastis. Two of the oldest and wisest cats have disappeared, and a kitten has been found murdered on temple grounds. Can a group of heroic and cunning cats of the temple discover what has befallen their kin, and uncover the dark secrets and blasphemous horrors that threaten all of Egypt?
- The Undesirables (set in Dark Ages France) by Oscar Rios
The cats of Paris struggle to survive in a city driven mad with fear. The streets are filled with the dead, the dying, and the terrified as a deadly and mysterious plague runs rampant. The church places the blame on Satan, black magic, witches, and their familiars… namely cats. As a purge of such undesirables begins, will the cats put a stop to the actual witches spreading this vile pestilence, or seek to escape the city and reach the countryside?
- Sinister Seeds
- Nine scenario plots, three set in each of the above historical periods, are included as well, so Keepers can continue on to further Cathulhu adventures.
- The Council of Alexandria - One sole cat defends the Great Library of Alexandria—and sometimes defends humanity and civilization from the books contained therein!
- The Council of Kingsport - This council is a body of nine cats living their ninth lives, revered for their wisdom, bravery, and leadership. These cats are defenders of the city of Kingsport in both the waking world and in the Dreamlands.
Comments / Trivia
List dedication, color plates, rarity of the book, etc.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.