Black Wake (2016 film)
Specialists at a top-secret facility investigate a series of strange deaths on beaches, and slowly learns that the actual threat may be more dangerous -- and far older -- than anyone ever imagined.
- Release Date: 2016
- Country/Language: US, English
- Genres/Technical: Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy
- Setting: Modern (2000s) Atlantic Coast of USA(?)
- Runtime: 1 hr ? min
- Starring: Nana Gouvea, Tom Sizemore, Jonny Beauchamp, Eric Roberts
- Director: Jeremiah Kipp
- Writer: Jerry Janda
- Producer/Production Co: Carlos Keyes Film Entertainment, Red Entertainment Agency
- View Trailer: (link), (link)
- Rated: (not rated) (expect the equivalent of a PG-13 or R for Violence, Profanity, Adult Content, etc.)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- S____ (One Tentacle: Debateably Lovecraftian; has almost no direct connection to Lovecraft's work)
Based on the trailer and descriptions, it sounds like there are mind-controlling tentacly sea parasites and some sort of ancient evil.
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed)
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
Specialists gather in a top-secret facility to investigate a series of strange deaths on beaches along the Atlantic Ocean. One of the team's scientists examines video evidence to uncover a possible parasitic explanation for the fatalities. But when a determined detective sends her the crazed writings of a mysterious homeless man, the scientist slowly learns that the actual threat may be more dangerous -- and far older -- than anyone ever imagined. Can she convince her colleagues of the true danger before an ancient force rises from the sea to bring madness and death to all of humanity?
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO